Monday, December 7, 2009

RSS Feeds (Thing 3)

I added Unshelved to my favorites. Could not figure out how to add current feeds to my favorites.
By reading the ALSC blog, I found out about the upcoming medal announcements. I also learned about a neat idea. Libraries can place Bill Harley's @ the library song on your phone system to market the library or just provide warm fuzzy music that reminds them of all of the wonderful things you can get at the library and things you can do in the library.
I also added the ALSC blog and Cnn.com on Outlook so I can receive instant updates.
Patrons can add our blog onto their e-mail so they can recieve updates on something they read throughout the day. Or we could use it to advertise upcoming programs or new services. We could even use it to train patrons with youtube attachments.

No comments:

Post a Comment